CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 9, 2008

The loss of Mocha and hoping she will come home

Friday night, at around 9pm eastern my female at mocha jumped out my 3rd story apartment window. You are going to Have the question mark over your head, so I am going to tell you what happened.

I Have obviously been sick for the better have of a week now and just got home a few days ago from the hospital. I had been in bed all day long with my windows open. I take the screens out when it gets windy out, because they fall down and crash to the ground.

I rolled out of bed at 5:30 pm or so to make my kids dinner and turn the television on for them and headed straight back to bed. At 8:30 I put my girls to bed but i left my bedroom door open. As i have said in a previous post Churchill has been trying to mate with mocha. Well he was trying again, so she ran away into my room. Usually she jumps onto my window ledge , but this time there was no screen there, and I wasnt in the room at the time, So I imagine that she lost her balance ( being at least 15-17 pounds ) and fell.

I went into the room and saw Churchill at the window. I looked down and Saw mocha, I ran downstairs to my neighbors house and asked if he would let me back in, because mike was gone for the night, he said sure. I went out looking for her, and my neighbor came with me. We searched for about an hour in the pouring rain with no luck. Yesterday morning mike looked for her for about an hour and a half. Still we couldnt find her.

We are going to make up flyers and call shelters and rescue leagues on tuesday since all of them are closed on mondays. If she doesnt end up in a shelter and we cant find her, my prayer is that someone adopts her.

13 comments:

The Taylor CatSSSSS said...

Oh Rhianna, I'm so sorry that this happened. You are really going through a tough time! It was NOT your fault. Chances are very good that Mocha is very close to home. You might try putting one of Mocha's blankets outside and putting some tuna (since the smell travels). I'll send you some more tips by email.

Love, Deb

Astrid (…and the kitties too) said...

Oh my bast, we are so sorry to hear the bad mews :(

We hope she is ok tho and might come home soon.
we are sending out some purrayers for her to be well and come back!

purrrs, Kashim & Othello

Parker said...

All of our prayers are with Mocha. That poor baby!

Daisy said...

Oh dear, I sure hope Mocha comes home soon. I will purr for her.

The Lee County Clowder said...

Mocha is probably someplace close, especially if she is an inside kittie. (which she likely is, living on the third floor)

If you see any kids around, try to talk to them, and let them know about the missing kittie. Sticky little beans can cover a lot of area, and this is an easy way to cover a lot of people.

When you look for Mocha, try to look for her from a kitties perspective. Look under things. Check places where she could hide. She is probably scared to death, and may not come even if she hears to call her.

Good luck. You really could use a break about now.

ppuurrrrrrrrrrrr

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

Meowm and I will be saying lots of purrayers for Mocha to come back home!

jenianddean said...

OH I'm so sorry to hear about Mocha. We are sending her purrs to come home!!

-Jasper McKitten-Cat

Karen Jo said...

I am so sorry that Mocha is missing. I hope and pray that she comes home soon.

Diamond Emerald-Eyes said...

Oh. This is terrible. Hopefully she is just scared and hiding out from the rain somewhere and will show up again once it stops. I will purrrrrr for her.

Jan Price said...

We're sorry to hear this. We hope Mocha is found soon.

JFF

Forty Paws said...

We're sure hoping that Mocha comes home soon! What a tough time you are having!

Luf, Us

Mickey's Musings said...

This is so sad with everything that is going on with you! I hope Mocha will be found OK This has to be very stressful. Purrs Mickey and the Mom

Chrissie said...

Poor Miss Mocha, and at such a time, too! I hope she shows up at the front door, just rowring her head off!